Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beginning Again....Again

New Year, New You -- right?  I'm not sure what it is about the beginning of  a new year that causes everyone to make grandiose promises to themselves about their weight, finances, career or otherwise.  But, every year I do it, even as I know that the chances of me hitting those goals are probably fairly low. As they say, insanity is repeating the same actions over and over and expecting different results. 

Maybe I'm insane.  I have joined Weight Watchers, oh, 4 or 5 times over the last decade or so.  I've also "done" South Beach.  And I've had some success in the past, but I always fall off the wagon and then watch it roll off into the sunset without me. 

In any case, I'm on the weight loss bandwagon again.  I've gone through my usual weight loss resolution check list:

1.  Join Weight Watchers online -- check
2.  Spend a lot of money on healthy food -- check
3.  Track intake of said healthy food via aforementioned Weight Watchers -- check

I've also managed to buy myself a new scale, thinking that my old scale couldn't be accurate.  I weighed myself on both this morning and they differed by about 4lbs.  Now I have to decide which is more accurate.  Since I don't want to get my hopes up, I've decided to go with the one that gave me the higher weight, just to be on the safe (but slightly more depressing) side. 

So, although I've been tracking for about half of a week, I'm considering today my starting point.  And my starting weight is....drumroll please...355.6 lbs.  Yes, I am two average sized people big.  I think it's safe to say this is probably the biggest I've ever been.  I look back fondly on those days when I was "just" 309 lbs.  I think at one point I had even gotten down to around 288.  But, there's no use in crying over spilled milk, right?  It is what it is, and you just have to move onward and upward.  Well, downward, really, but you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment